- Education finance and Administration, Education Governance and Policy, Political economy of education
- Doctoral Student, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies (GSICS), Kobe University (Expected: March, 2020)
- Research Student, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies (GSICS), Kobe University (2016-2017)
- Master of Social Sciences in Japanese Studies, University of Dhaka (2012)
- Master of Social Sciences in Political Science, University of Dhaka (2007)
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Political Science, University of Dhaka (2006)
- Assistant Professor (On leave) at the Department of Japanese Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (May 2017-Present)
- Assistant Professor at the Japan Study Center, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (Aug. 2015-May 2017)
- Lecturer at the Japan Study Center, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (Dec. 2013-Aug. 2015)
- Assistant House Tutor at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall (Student-Dormitory), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (Aug. 2014 – Mar. 2016)
- Visiting Lecturer at Asian University of Bangladesh (AUB) (Jan. 2011- Sept. 2015)
Research, Consultancy and Training:
- Teaching Assistant for Human Capital Development Course, April 2017-September 2017.
- Research Assistant for Professor Dr. Keiichi Ogawa, Kobe University, Japan (October.2016~February 2017)
- International Programme Associate at the Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center, Japan (Jan. 18-Feb. 19, 2016)
- Project Administration Consultant, International Labor Organization (ILO), The Labor Migration Project, Bangladesh (December –January 2014)
- Trainee of Trainers at Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Embassy of Canada in Paris (Oct. 29-31, 2012)
- Project Assistant at United Nations Development Programme (Feb. 2009- Mar. 2009)
- Trainee at The Japan Foundation, Japan (Feb.-Mar. 2008; Jun.–Aug. 2009)
- Alam, M. J. (2016). ‘Japan’s Transformation from Meiji Era to Modern Age: A Politico-Economic Overview’, Social Science Review [The Dhaka University Studies, Part-D], Vol. 33, Number 01, June.
- Alam, M. J. (2016). ‘Socio-Economic Perspective of Gender Development and Empowerment of Women: An Overview of Japan-Bangladesh’, Journal of the Faculty of Arts, January, Vol. 08, Number 10-11, July 2014-June 2016. (In Bengali)
- Reza, S M A. & Alam, M. J. (2015). ‘Japan’s Security Debate: An Overview’, The Social Science Journal (Bengali), Part-D, Vol. 9, No. 9, December, pp. 97-109. (In Bengali)
- Alam, M. J. & Khan, T. H. (2015). ‘Comprehending the solutions of Refugee issues and underneath politics: Bangladesh and Myanmar Perspective’, Lok-Prosashaon Samoeeky. Vol. 64, April-June.
- Alam, M. J. (2015). ‘Challenges and Experiences of Democratization in Bangladesh’, ‘Social Science Review [The Dhaka University Studies, Part-D], Vol. 32, No. 1, June, pp. 205-214.
- Alam, M. J. (2014). ‘Role of Media and Governance for Bridging Socio-political Barriers: Japan-Bangladesh Perspective’, Journal of International Affairs, Vol. 18, Nos. 1& 2, June & December, pp. 85-102.
- Alam, M. J. (2013). ‘Consequences of Social Change in Japan: lessons for Bangladesh’, Journal of Society and Change, Vol. VII, No. 4, December, pp. 39-57.
- Japan Society for International Development (JASID)
- Japanese Language Teachers Association of Bangladesh
- Japan Study Center Alumni Association
- Bangladesh Economic Association
Academic Conference Presentation
- Alam, M. J. ‘Financing for Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) in Bangladesh’, The 19th Africa Educational Research Forum, April 14-15, 2017, Osaka University, Suita Campus, Japan (E)
- Alam, M. J. ‘Budget for quality education in Bangladesh: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’, The 17th International Conference on Education and Design (ICER), October 12-14, 2016, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea. (E)
- Alam, M. J. ‘Role of Media and Governance for bridging socio-political barriers: Japan-Bangladesh perspective’, International Conference on Governance and Innovation, 19-20 December 2015, BARD, Comilla, Bangladesh.(E)
- Alam, M. J. ‘Empowerment of Women to alleviate Poverty through Education in Bangladesh’, International Conference on Governance and innovation, 19-20 December 2015, BARD, Comilla, Bangladesh. (E)
- Alam, M. J. ‘Modernization and Social Change: a comparative analysis between Japan and Bangladesh’ The Japan Foundation – Japanese Language Institute, Kansai, Osaka, Japan. (E)
- Alam, M. J. ‘Job satisfaction of the South Asian people: especially on Japan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Srilanka and Pakistan’, The Japan Foundation-Japanese Language Institute, Kansai, Osaka, Japan. (E)
- Alam, M. J. ‘Major identifies gaps of volunteerism in Bangladesh’ Disaster Response Facility Project, UNDP Bangladesh and United Nations Volunteer program, Sylhet, Bangladesh 12th May 2009. (E)
- Bengali (Native), English (Fluent), Japanese (Basic),
- SPSS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Message to Potential Candidates to Ogawa Seminar:
I decided to adhere Professor Dr. Keiichi Ogawa Seminar not only for a degree, but also for the diversity of excellence. I robustly trust that this Seminar has a distinctive environment to accomplish my desire to work for my nation. This Seminar is very special because it provides useful knowledge and expertise which is globally recognized. I would also like to stress that our Seminar is well known and many graduates (both Masters and PhDs) are currently working at the top national and international organizations all over the world. Besides, I also would have to say that the commitment to learning that is shared by both students and Ogawa Sensei is the very ‘uniqueness’ of our Seminar. Everyone here strives to do their best and to bring out the best in others. I, therefore, strongly recommend potential students to join Ogawa Seminar so that they could accomplish their dreams. Ogawa Seminar is a inclusive family characterized by exceptional group, management, supervision and learning opportunities. Hope to see you in our academic voyage!